Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today's Fort Sumter


Back in December, I was fortunate enough to visit Charleston, SC and - in particular - Fort Sumter. Today, Fort Sumter is owned and managed by the National Park Service, which provides rangers on the transporting boat and within the fort itself. As today is the anniversary of the firing upon the fort and the official beginning of the Sesquicentennial, I felt it was a good time to post just a few pictures.







On a quick personal note, I am excited to enter the Sesquicentennial as part of the CWN150 and I look forward to the next four years of commemorating and learning with all of our readers. -- SA

1 comment:

  1. December is a great time to visit Sumter and Charleston, SC. I was there in June one year, and I swear some of the hottest weather on the planet has to be found in "de low country" (as the local folks call it) in the summer. You have to experience it just once to, well, to experience it.

    ReplyDelete